why I cannot live a 'normal' life

"O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world, Has a wondrous attraction for me"
- George Bennard -


"If you read history you will find out that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next."
- C.S. Lewis -


"No one can sum up all God is able to accomplish through one solitary life, wholly yielded, adjusted, and obedient to Him."
- D.L.Moody -


"Resolved, never to do anything which I would be afraid to do if it were the last hour of my life."
- Jonathan Edwards -


"I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find till after death; I must never let it get snowed under or turned aside; I must make it the main object of life to press on to that other country and to help others to do the same."
- C.S. Lewis -


"An excellent way to test our values is to observe what we do when we don't have anything to do, how we spend our leisure time and how we spend our extra money."
- Eugene Peterson -


"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."
- C.S. Lewis -


"I judge all things only by the price they shall gain in eternity."
- John Wesley -


"NO COMPROMISE is what the whole Gospel of Jesus is all about... 'For I tell you...no man can serve two masters...' (Matt 6:24). In a day when believers seem to be trying to please both the world and the Lord (which is an impossible thing), when people are far more concerned about offending their friends than offending God, there is only one answer... Deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Him (Luke 9:23)
- Keith Green -


"Watch how much of our speech is aimed at justifying our actions. We find it almost impossible to act and allow the act to speak for itself. No, we must explain it, justify it, demonstrate the righteousness of it. Why do we feel this compulsion to set the record straight? Because of pride and fear, because our reputations are at stake."
- Richard Foster -


"Some wish to live within the sound of the Church bell, I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of the gates of hell."
- C.T. Studd -