Sustaining Power

I just started reading 1 Corinthians today. Paul begins the letter with this:

"...you are not lacking in any spiritual gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."

Everyday I try to find other things to sustain me when what actually sustains me is the Lord Jesus Christ. I don't have to worry about how I'm going to physically or spiritually make it each day because God is faithful to sustain me in Jesus Christ our Lord. That's such a freeing thought that I can't do anything to sustain myself until the Lord returns. Sustaining happens because of the work of Jesus -- and God is the one who is faithful to bring me to the Lord on that glorious day.

Comments: