And Again

I was just reading my previous post again and it again encouraged me. I love how it just tells me to "Get wisdom!" Its a choice to presue wisdom and not the things of this world. Too many times I make the wrong choice, but this verse encourages me to make that right choice; the choice to "get wisdom."

"Hold on to instruction, do not let it go;
guard it well, for it is your life.
Do not set foot on the path of the wicked
or walk in the way of evil men.
Avoid it, do not travel on it;
turn from it and go on your way.
For they cannot sleep till they do evil;
they are robbed of slumber till they make someone fall.
They eat the bread of wickedness
and drink the wine of violence."

I must hold on to this instruction, it is my life! Which means turning from this instruction would be to my demise.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Nate. :) It reminds me of this passage too:

    "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good ife, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do no boast about it or deny the truth. Such 'wisdom' does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
    But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere."
    -James 3:13-17

    ReplyDelete