"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

Listening to: Peculiar People - Mutemath

I haven't been writing at all recently and I've been trying to figure out why. I know for a fact that I (and probably most people) go through spurts in life where they are feeling especially creative and then other spurts where they aren't so much. I believe that I am in a non-creative spurt (which is probably why this is a thought post and not a song/poem.) There are other times when I think I'm in a creative spurt (and perhaps I actually am) but I try to be creative and cannot. I believe this is simply because I mistook a desire to be in a creative spurt for the actual creative spurt. I know I'm in a creative spurt when I do something creative (write something) and I like it (since I, like most people considering their own work, am my own worst critic.)

I kind of like this type of writing... Where I just write about what I've been thinking about...

I guess spurts and slumps are the reality of life. I no its not possible to live life at the same emotional, physical, or spiritual level consistently. Right now my creativity is at a low, where as my closeness to God is near a high. (These two things are not related, I don't believe) A couple weeks ago they were both at lows... So, I'm feeling happy about the change.

I think I'll do this more often (this kind of post) although I hope to have the artsy posts back as well... shortly.

Edit: I didn’t realize how many times I spelled “spurt” wrong until I had to go into Word and manually change each one. I was spelling it “spirt.”

Edit #2: After some minor research, it turns out that "spirt" is a variant of "spurt."

Comments: