Your Eyes

You lead me to a world that I haven’t seen
And there You guarantee
That the things I will see will scare me some
This is what Your eyes see

A man comes by whose appearance proclaims
“Every thing is clearly alright”
But he wishes he friends outnumbered his money
This is what’s seen with Your sight

An orphan child without a home
And no place to sleep at night
No mother, no father, and no one who loves him
This is what’s seen with Your sight

Past the child is a widowed lady
Who is lonely as she can be
Her husband has died and her children don’t care
This is what Your eye’s see

I walk down a hall, down to a cell
I see a man in the dark
He tells me of all the mistakes he’s made
And then he quietly remarks:
"I want to be free, not just from this cell
But from fear that’s haunting me
Is there more to this life--I wish someone would say!"
This is what Your eye’s see

The world looks so different than it did before
I ask, “How can this be?”
Then I remember what You have said
This sight is what Your eye’s see.

Comments: